Yuzu Cheese Souffle Cake
Any type of Souffle tastes amazing. Try this recipe using our full line up of Yuzu products to bring you an all rounded Yuzu flavor to your next souffle snack.
- Yuzu Oil (2 tbsp)
- Unsalted Butter (0.6 oz room temperature)
- Heavy Cream (1.6 oz)
- Cream Cheese (5.3 oz room temperature)
- Sugar (0.3 oz)
- Chopped Yuzu Skin (1.5 tbsp)
- Yuzu Juice (1 tbsp)
- Egg Yolks (3)
- Cake Flour (0.2 oz)
- Corn Starch (0.2 oz)
- Sugar (2 oz)
- Powder Sugar for Sprinkle
- Yuzu Skin for Garnish
In this Recipe
- 1In a small bowl, combine the yuzu oil, butter and heavy cream then set aside.
- 2Mix well the cream cheese and sugar in a separate bowl.
- 3Add the yuzu skin and juice.
- 4Add egg yolks and mix well.
- 5Add and incorporate the cake flour and corn starch.
- 6Preheat the oven to 265F.
- 7Make the meringue, with the hand mixer, mix the egg whites while adding the sugar three different times until peak forms.
- 8Lightly mix the cheese mixture and meringue.
- 9Coat the ramekin with butter, adding the meringue mixture almost to the top, then align it in the baking tray.
- 10Pour the hot water in the baking tray leaving a space of three-fourth inch of height.
- 11Cook in the oven in low heat for forty minutes.
- 12Later, bring the oven temperature to 320F then bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- 13Once cooled down, leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
- 14Take it out from the ramekin gently, then ready to serve.