Need some ideas for a Valentine’s day treat? Try our Yuzu Pound Cake for this Valentine’s day season. Taking the traditional pound cake recipe, we added some yuzu peel and yuzu juice to give the cake a nice citrus aroma that goes well with whipped cream, chocolate syrup and ice cream!
Yuzu Pound Cake
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Oz Chopped Yuzu Skin
- 2 Oz Butter
- 1.5 Oz Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp Yuzu Juice
- 1 Tbsp Powdered Sugar (Sprinkle)
- Preheat the oven to 340F.
- Spread butter in a baking pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat with whisk egg and sugar for 5 minutes.
- Strain flour and baking powder in a bowl mixing by spatula.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, sour cream and honey whisk well then mix with dough.
- Add yuzu skin and juice incorporating.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan then place it in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes then sprinkle the powdered sugar on top.
- Ready to serve.
KIZAMI YUZU (CHOPPED YUZU ZEST)
Sizes Available: 100g x 5 pieces x 6B